A huge Thank You to all those who came along to see us and celebrate the Harvest Thanksgiving in Alpha Chapel this afternoon. The children decided to give the money collected in donations to the appeal for Haiti. The children all came to school dressed as the colours of the rainbow – they looked amazing don’t you agree?
Pupil Deprivation Grant 2016-17
The Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG) for 2016-17 will be utilised in the following way:
- Staff to provide play-time support for LAC pupils and help with social interaction.
- Funding of play therapy at the Windfall Centre, Llandrindod Wells.
- Forest Schools funding to further resource the delivery of Forest Schools to targeted pupils in both streams to improve self-esteem and behaviour.
- Purchase Numicon Maths resources to support FSM / ALN pupils.
- Purchase Digital Learning resources to increase access to Digital Learning for FSM / LAC pupils.
- Staff to deliver the Lexia intervention programme and other literacy interventions.
- To partly fund residential visits for free school meals pupils.
- Monitoring attendance, provision and attainment for FSM and LAC pupils
Dyma’r Criw Cymraeg yn dathlu Diwrnod Shwmae Su’mae!
Nature club is held on a Monday, after school from 3.30 – 4.15pm. It is led by Mrs Westlake with support from Mrs A Slatcher.
Mae Clwb Natur yn cael ei cynal are Dydd Llun, ar ol ysgol o 3.30 – 4.15 yh. Mae Mrs Westlake yn cymryd y clwb hefo cymorth o Mrs A Slatcher.
Hockey Club is on Thursday between 3.30 and 4.30 pm and is open to children in Year 5 and 6 from both streams. We learn hockey skills and play fun games.
In the Spring term, we take part in the Activate Hockey Tournament against other Powys Schools. In the Summer term, we attend Dragon Hockey Skills sessions with children from other schools.
Children need shin pads, long socks, trainers and PE clothes. The club is run by Mrs Michelle Davies supported by Mrs Linda Westlake.
Cynhelir Clwb Hoci bob Dydd Iau rhwng 3.30 a 4.30 yh ac mae croeso i blant Blwyddyn 5 a 6 o’r ddwy ffrwd. Rydym yn dysgu sgiliau hoci ac yn chwarae gemau hwyl.
Yn y Gwanwyn, cymerwn ran ym Mhencampwriaeth Hoci ‘Activate’ yn erbyn ysgolion eraill. Yn yr Haf, mae cyfle i fynychu sesiynau Hoci’r Ddraig gyda phlant o ysgolion eraill.
Mae angen ‘shin pads’, sanau hir, esgidiau rhedeg a dillad Ymarfer Corff ar y plant.
Arweinwyr y clwb ydy Mrs Michelle Davies hefo help o Mrs Linda Westlake.
Rugby club is open to children from Year 5 and 6 from both streams on Friday (3.30-4.30pm).
Miss Rhian Pritchard takes the club supported by Mr Jonathan Bowen.
Mae clwb Rygbi ar gyfer plant ym mlwyddyn 5 a 6 o’r ddwy ffrwd ar Ddydd Gwener (3.30-4.30pm).
Mae Miss Rhian Pritchard yn cymryd y clwb hefo help o Mr Jonathan Bowen.